Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Gourmet Wild Plant Foods - Durango, Colorado, USA

In recent years, the wild foods trend is coming alive again with a new generation. This video below shows what looks to be a pleasant place to visit in Durango, Colorado, USA. One more of the many little "pieces of kingdom of heaven on earth" I shall like to visit!

In almost all climates, it is wise action, for ones good health and yoga practice, to include times outdoors. Walking and hiking, noting ones surroundings, is good medicine. 

Best to have lively, nourishing, sound, serene, foods, environments and company as you aims to master yourself, and attend to your own souls calling. Choose to be in the company and energy fields of wholesome, courageous, kind, generous environments and peers who will lift you up. 
A reminder to myself here

Turtle Lake Refuge Cafe

From Turtle Lake Refuge website:
http://www.turtlelakerefuge.org/livingsoil
The location also offers an extended 120 hour course on Wild and Living Foods!
~Local Wild & Living Food Nutrition and Chef Certification:
Learning from Nature’s Wisdom
848 East 3rd Ave
Durango, Colorado, USA, 81301
 970-317-0988
      __________________________________________________________________________
I Have been interested finding and utilizing wild plants for their healthful offerings, for many years. This was not so common an art in most of the places I lived throughout USA. 

Early on in life, I studied and did my own drawing of plantains and other such easily findable and helpful plants. (I'll have to see if I saved any.)
In the late 1980's, early 1990's, I found Wildman Steve Brill and took edible nature walks in New York City, USA! You can still take walks and learn with him! http://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment