Thursday, April 12, 2012

Elders of mine


DD & Uncle Richie.
(talk about a pale child)
Somehow between my grandpa, my uncles and other elders in my childhood, I learned that elder men-people spoke to me as an equal, and treated me kindly & decently.

We in turn, expressed, each in our own ways, respect & affection for them. And still do.

                                        Uncle Dick, DD and Uncle Richie


                                        Uncle Dick, his daughter Pam(my cousin) and Uncle Richie
I have considered this:
I had six matriarchal uncles, my mothers 3 brothers, and her sisters 3 husbands. Each Uncle served in US military. I have now 1 cousin, and second cousin who served. My sister married US veteran. In my experience with each, a mutual respect exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment